|Ingredients4 fresh plum tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic,
unpeeled 1 green chilli
1 large tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
½ white onion, finely chopped
juice of ½ lime
a pinch of sea salt
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over a high heat.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic and chilli in the dry frying pan, and dry roast. Remove the garlic and chilli when they are blackened and soft, this should take abut 10 minutes. Approximately 5 minutes later remove the tomatoes when they are soft. While you’re waiting…
- Remove the stem and seeds from the chilli (of course leave the seeds in if really hot is your bag).
- Remove the skin from the garlic, and put both in a pestle and mortar. Pound to a paste.
- Add the tomatoes and work them all together removing blackened tomato skin as you go just by picking it out.
- Add the coriander, onion and lime juice. Taste and check seasoning.
- Chill to serve